Welcome to Sumptuous Scents!
Let me tell you a little bit about us;
We are a small business based in a small town in North Wales 🏴. When we say we, I mean me 🙋🏽♀️. My name is Mari and I’m the girl boss behind your fave wax melts & candles. I thought I’d introduce myself so you can get to know me and my business little better!
I am 20 years old and live with my boyfriend Connor and our 1 year old daughter, Sophia. We moved in to our first home in July 2018 shortly after finding out we were expecting. It was a big shock & adjustment for us both but we wouldn’t change it for the world 💖.
I currently work 3 jobs within Tesco but my dream is to be able to pursue SS full time. I’d love to move down to Cardiff one day and open a little shop of my own 🤞🏼.
Read our B L O G to find out about how Sumptuous Scents started 🥰.
About our business becoming eco friendly;
- All of our products are made using natural soy wax & the finest quality fragrance oils, this means they are cruelty free and suitable for vegans 🐰. We are making small changes all the time.
- A couple of months ago we switched from our plastic large snap bar packaging to recyclable card using recycled paper stickers ♻️
- We also use 100% biodegradable packing peanuts to package your lovely orders. Simply pop them in your sink a little at a time and rinse away with water, they will dissolve quickly and won’t clog up your plugs & drains.
- With every wholesale order we place we keep the packaging from it to reuse when packing your orders to reduce our waste.
- We will be switching to biodegradable glitter for our products once we have used up existing stock.
Our clamshells are being switched from your bog standard clear shells to new ones that have a soft matte white / clear finish.
We are delighted to say that, at long last, we have the best alternative we could find. Recycled Polypropylene (rPP) is a widely sought after recycled material and is as environmentally friendly a material for wax clam shells as its possible to get at the moment. This is because of its ease of recovery from waste streams, it's compatibility if mixed with other polymers and the ability to use additives to adjust its processing and end mechanical properties.